Friday, August 14, 2009

Feelin' the Love...

I took a mental health day away from work the other day. During an extended six-week shutdown at the plant, I was contractually unable to take any vacation time, which meant missing my usual week off in July. It's not as if I've never gone six weeks without a vacation day. I do that regularly. But the fact that I couldn't take a day off, and didn't get my usual time off during July made the six weeks seem excruciatingly long. So, the plant started back up on Monday with little fanfare, but with a lot of people happy to see each other. I woke up on Tuesday and just couldn't quite motivate myself to go into work, so I called in healthy and took a day to just relax. And it was a fantastic day - a few loads of laundry, lunch out, CSA pickup, swimming, a visit from Sheryl and a great dinner (pork with pineapple-basil-jalapeno salsa) drastically improved my mood.

I went back to work on Wednesday and found these precious love notes on my monitor:


They read:
"Hey - What's the matter w/you - don't you like us no more? You are missed by somebody."
"Hi Sweetie, Stopped by to give you some LIP."
"Really- I just need a a pen. Thanks."

I know who they are from, and I was not the least bit surprised. Amused, yes. The discussion about my love notes was quickly followed by me being chastised by Dirt Dave. Apparently, going forward, I need to let him and our buddy, Tom, know that I'm not going to be at work so that it's not such a startling adjustment for them. They apparently kept looking at each other, commenting, "It's just weird without her here!" Sometimes I just love being the only woman in a office with a bunch of men...

No comments: