Monday, December 8, 2008

Nashville Pussy!

After a long drive home, a quick shower, and a 60th surprise birthday party for Kirk's aunt, I headed down to the Reverend Horton Heat show with Corky, Runs with Spatula, and her nephew, Michael. We met up with A. and her very cool friend, Nicole. We had heard that there were two bands opening for the Rev, Backyard Tire Fire and Nashville Pussy. To make a long story not so long, the lead singer of Nashville Pussy shares his first name with Spatula's sweetiepie. So, the gist of the conversation went a little like this:

C: You should have him sign your chest.
A: You should!

C: How funny would that be?

S: I will if you will!
(I'm sure secretly hoping I wouldn't, but she knows better!)
C: I wonder if A. has a Sharpie in her purse... (by the way, her purse weighs easily 20 pounds
, and probably qualifies as a FEMA emergency kit)
S: (thinking to herself, "Shit!" as the likelihood was great)

A: (after digging around) Here you go! One blue Sharpie!

C: Alright...let's go! (the lead singer was standing just a few feet away...)


We walked over, where the singer was chatting with a drunk and impaired young lady...

C: I'm sorry, but may I interrupt for just a minute? We were wondering if y
ou would sign our chests...?
Singer: ;alsdjf;lasdjf;lasejdg;kasdhg. (Completely unintelligible, but he grabbed the Sharpie and scrawled away just above my right breast.)


Runs with Spatula followed, and we both had, "Hell Yeah" followed by his signature gracing our chests in blue Sharpie! A. commented that she didn't realize how naughty we were and proceeded to photograph
the experience, which likely won't end up on this blog. Runs With Spatula and I agreed that he was actually respectful and didn't overtly try to cop a feel or anything. Needless to say, it's the first time I've been signed by a musician, but who could let that harmless opportunity pass by?

But, I must say the real question of the night was: were the singer and Ron Jeremy separated at birth? You be the judge...


No comments: