Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ephiphany

I had an epiphany recently. I've always been attracted to intelligent men. Really intelligent men. Guys who read physics books for fun, who can speak in computer code...god forbid if they love math, I'm diggin' on them. What I realized is that while I find intelligent men appealing, I'm really looking for someone who is smart. It is a subtle difference, but I am now realizing how important a difference that is. I haven't found that guy quite yet, but I'm shifting my focus a bit.
Intelligence is great, but I find it a bit boring after a while. It's as if the guys I've dated who fall into that category are so focused on fields of study or profession that they don't have as much a sense of adventure, or at least not one that's suited to mine.
I think the other common denominator is a lack of good friends or a support network. I've never been a loner, and I don't relate well to them. I always prefer to be on the go, spending time with friends and family, or meeting new people and having new experiences. I seem to end up with (or choose, more appropriately) people who don't have a very active social life, and I can't handle the thought of being their sole source of entertainment or social director, or worse, their sole source of emotional support. Now, finding someone who will work with me to make schedules mesh will be a challenge, but I think it's one I'm willing to take on at some point.

No comments: