Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Holy Mole-Y...the Update

Since I had the mole / growth thing removed, I've been fairly compliant with the doctor's main order - I've avoided soaking my hand, which is very hard to do. I considered trying water aerobics, and even invested in some waterproof bandages to try out. I took a shower with one on, and thanks to some ridiculously sensitive skin that doesn't agree with adhesive, the 20 minutes the bandage was on was about all I could take. Now, I know that sounds dire. It's not like my hand was on fire, or skin started bubbling up or anything. What tends to happen is almost a burn-like rash that scabs up quite a bit...I've had times where I used a band-aid to cover a cut, and it took longer for the skin to heal that was in contact with the adhesive than the actual cut itself. It sucks. So, I'm sticking with gauze pads and paper tape. But that means no water aerobics until Monday. And I've been missing it desperately.

2 comments: