Friday, October 31, 2008

Carrie + Beer + Tequila = Hot Mess

I don't know that I need to add much to that title. Thank heavens for good friends and a day to recuperate.

It just happened so fast. The shots went down smoothly. The beer tasted great. Then I stood up. Ooops.


B drove me home. I'm glad it was a nice day for a
walk to Frank's today.

D called me this morning that she was in much the same shape, as she went
on a pub crawl in Detroit last night. Funny to be an hour and a half away from each other, yet experience much the same thing. Beautiful.

I actually feel quite well now...no headache (thanks, Aleve!), my stomach is a little upset, but not too bad...I'm sure the sleep helped.


Note to self: just because it tastes good doesn't mean I should drink it...repeatedly.

2 comments:

Sean said...

When I saw that Facebook status update about the suspected whereabouts of your phone, I wondered if there was a story like this behind it. Just remember, beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before beer, never fear! Although in either case, getting a ride home is the safest way to tie it up. Believe it or not, the word verification code for posting this comment is "binge."

CFreaky said...

I'm fairly certain the order of intoxicants wouldn't have mattered last night. I think it was the sheer volume that did me in - drinks just kept appearing, seemingly out of nowhere. I had fun, and am over my hangover, which is grand. It's been a long, long time since I've imbibed this much...and it serves as a gentle reminder :) My favorite part of the day was explaining this to my boss. Fortunately, he's great and found it all quite funny, but would've preferred seeing it himself.