Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh, Mamma Mia!





Sheryl organized a little group to take in Mamma Mia! at the Wharton Center. I'm still bopping along! I sat between Sheryl and a very nice stranger (no stranger danger there!), who were probably sick of me chair dancing most of the time. I had a special affinity for Rosie, one of Donna's (the mom) best friends. Kittra Wynn Coomer was fantastic in the role, and had me in stitches almost every time she was on stage. Of course, our row laughed more than most, and I know there's nothing shocking in that statement.

I remember listening to Abba when I was little. Mom & Dad had one of the albums. Yes, old-fashioned vinyl! And I vividly remember playing it on the old turntable in the big console stereo. I fell in love with Abba again when I watched Muriel's Wedding. My sister had rented it for her and Mom to watch one night, and the next morning, she told me I had to watch it. I sat on the couch in the living room by myself, watching and giggling and laughing throughout the movie, which had my sister cracking up as she and Mom were hanging out in the kitchen. I certainly wouldn't call Abba the soundtrack of my life by any stretch, but I do have some very strong memories attached to the music. And it was so interesting to see the music brought to life on stage. The colors were fantastic, and I looked at Sheryl a few times and told her I wanted to be up on stage with them - not a normal response for me!

I will be curious to see if Sheryl tracks down the outfits. I have dibs on the red one with the cape!

1 comment:

LolaK said...

Ugh, ABBA! You and my mom. I just don't get it. I can only get so far as Fernando.