Monday, May 12, 2008

The Communion Aftermath - I Am A Rock Star!

Okay, so it wasn't as dramatic as the title implies. I survived my nephew's first communion. He looked very dapper and handsome, and did a great job accepting the body and blood of Christ. It's creepy just typing that for some reason.

Two good things came out of the experience. I found a great little Detroit Tiger's memorabilia store in D-Town. I purchased an authentic jersey and hat for my nephew at Michigan Athletics, at Rosa Parks & Michigan Ave, right by Tiger Stadium. Yes, OLD Tiger Stadium, in Corktown. It's a great little shop, with an incredibly friendly staff. And just a block-and-a-half from Slows Barbeque. For my foodie friends, I enjoyed some fantastic mac & cheese, pulled pork, and homemade apple sauce. And some great company with one of my friends.

The other post-communion gem was learning to play Guitar Hero. Grandma and Grandpa sprung for that for the first communion gift. I think I may be a prodigy. Not really, but I was better than my brother, which is plenty of gratification for me! I mastered Sunshine of Your Love, Talk Dirty to Me, and Hit Me With Your Best Shot. All on "easy" of course! The only disturbing thing was that everything else looked wavy and morph-y afterwards. Much like I would imagine an acid trip to be like...fun times...

No comments: