Sunday, November 14, 2010

...And Seconds...

My second (and technically third and fourth) MRI ever was on Friday. We have moved down the brain to the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions of the spine. An hour and fifteen minutes spent in a white tube with crazy noises and a very uncomfortable position that wasn't to be altered is not something I should complain about by any stretch - I'm lucky to have access, availability and insurance. But this still sucks, and that's all there is to say. We're in search of some kind of tear in the dura that is allowing a leak of cervical spinal fluid. All I know is that there's a bunch of stuff on the initial MRI report that I wish I had no knowledge of, and I hope that whatever news I get on Tuesday is easier to handle than the diagnostic phase has been so far. I can live without panic attacks and feeling like I am slowly but surely losing my grip on reality and my sanity. I can't imagine how the author of the Permanent Headache blog has gone two years with no answers. I think that would quite literally cause me to go insane.

No comments: