Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Well, Hello Dr. Neurosurgeon...

And yesterday was the first of at least three impending trips to the neurosurgeon. Mom & Miss joined in the fun, which was good. Always good to have mom and a Ph.D. in comparative medicine at the doctor's visit.

Verdict? Spontaneous Intracranial Hypotension. Yes, I was leaking spinal fluid. No, we're not sure why. And though I'm a fairly concrete thinker, I'll have to accept that this may not be explained. I have another CT scan coming up, with another MRI in a few months to make sure everything has healed, assuming the headaches continue to heal. For now, I'm supposed to be active but not exert myself. Yeesh - talk about walking a tightrope - will have to do the best I can.

Fortunately, the last three days have been better...down to one or two spasm headaches per day, and the dull aching headache isn't starting until evening. I laughed at lunch today...unabashadly...without thinking and without pain. I was giddy afterwards. It really is the little things in life, sometimes, that make a big difference, as cliche as that sounds.

No comments: