Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cryin' at the Y

It was a rough day. No real need to elaborate, or better yet, no real energy to elaborate.

Despite my desire to curl up on my couch with my favorite blanket and stare blankly at the television for several hours, I stuck with my normal schedule and headed to the Y for my 8pm water aerobics class. Funny, when I used to lifeguard in high school, we secretly referred to it as the sea cows class. Talk about coming around full circle! It's amazing how crass I could be at that age. I actually enjoy the class, though I would feel better if it was more challenging. But the upside is I get to see some of my dear friends there every Monday and Wednesday. Today's conversation with Jaimie was filled with updates and venting, and when we walked out to our cars, we kept chatting and trying to cope with our respective problems. And we ended up getting very teary-eyed, as sometimes the thought of being so vulnerable and sharing some of our biggest fears and frustrations while trying to keep them in perspective (the world's not going to end, right?) is overwhelming. And we're both criers anyway. But it was another reminder how fortunate I am for the friends I have.

1 comment:

Wishful Ink said...

So, since I AM a crier and now know about your blog, I cried when reading this re-realizing how lucky I am to have you in my life. On a lighter note, what sound DOES a Sea Cow make? Some type of Mooo would seem sufficient, however I think they actually just chew? Anyway! I do recall the porpoise grunts during "power jacks." Yea! I am on my way in one hour to again graze the water in my black and white attire...fitting, eh! Moooo-munch. Jaimie (Today I choose laughter over tears. Good for me!) :)