Sunday, June 29, 2008

Visions of Sugarplums...

I hate stream of consciousness, which is why I shouldn't do it but I'm somewhere between conscious and exhausted...
Fell asleep before 12:13pm...when I got a text. I heard the chime, but couldn't move...I was melting into the couch. Had been listening to Phish and reading Rob Sheffield. Had Phish on low and could still hear the cars on the expressway. I can't believe I fell asleep. Woke up at 1:09 am to the chime again...it's not an odd time to send or receive a text, but I still can't believe I was sleeping...I'm not so naive to think I would sleep 'til morning. I know I would've been up around 4, and napping by 7 with the nagging thought that there's no physiological reason for me to avoid sleeping more than five or six hours in a row...I always feel like I will miss something(s)...I saw a rainbow today on my way to the mall to grab a bite to eat after the pit cleaning and a well-deserved shower and before stopping at the bookstore...it reminded me of a trip to DC when I saw both sides of a rainbow, and managed to get pictures of both sides from a moving vehicle. I can't remember if they were in black & white or not, but it seems if they weren't, there's a picture floating around of a different rainbow in grayscale...I still can't believe they got rid of indigo...kids these days are screwed...they can't sit Indian-style since it's not PC, so now it's criss-cross (with "applesauce" added to the end if like to rhyme)...and their rainbow acronym changed from Roy G. Biv (who doesn't remember him??) to Roy G. BV...try saying it, and you might make raspberries...I feel bad, too, that they don't have quality Saturday morning cartoons followed by the Three Stooges followed by Abbott & Costello followed by a Saturday afternoon cheesy movie that would invariably have the whole family sucked into watching if the weather was bad and we hadn't been kicked outside to go play...ah, the good ol' days.

No comments: